This is a collection of online and offline resources related to Engineering Effectiveness.
Join our Slack Community about Engineering Analytics
- Maximizing Developer Effectiveness: an article focused on the notion of developer feedback loops
- The SPACE of Developer Productivity: reference article for the SPACE framework
- State of Devops 2019: research behind the DORA metrics
- What is Developer Experience?: roundup of tactics to improve developer experience
- Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps: Building and Scaling High Performing Technology Organizations: by the researchers behind the DORA Metrics
- The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement: a book about the theory of constraints in the context of manufacturing, which can apply to some aspects of the software development life cycle.
- The Phoenix Project: a novel about how devops transformations can take inspiration from manufacturing.
- The Unicorn Project: a novel about how to transform a low effectiveness engineering team.
- Team Topologies: a practical, step-by-step, adaptive model for organizational design and team interaction.
- Why are there so many bad bosses: a Freakonomics episode about the relationship between productivity, engagement, and having a bad/good boss